Meet Riley! She’s even more perfect than I could have imagined! Look at all that hair!
Now that I am 6 weeks post c-section, I can finally start exercising and getting back into shape so that I feel good about myself again. I had a consultation with a personal trainer this morning and learned my body fat percentage is fair. While that’s better than poor, I would love for it to be in the good range. So next Tuesday, I start personal training every Tuesday at 6 am! I am not a morning person at all, so we will see how training at 6 am goes!
I have told everyone all along that when I started my journey, I would post it on my blog for everyone to see. It’s going to be a bit embarrassing for me to post my before pictures, but I’m never going to get anywhere if I hide out at home! And hey, maybe my journey will be a motivator for someone else out there. As I go along on this adventure, I will post weekly updates for you guys. There may not be that much difference in the first few weeks, but it will be fun to look back on my progress as time goes on.
I have also started eating better and will post my recipes as I go along here in these coming months. For breakfast this morning, I made egg muffins with veggies.
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups veggies of your choice (I used spinach, mushrooms, red bell peppers, and onion)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In large bowl, beat eggs. Add veggies, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir in cheese.
3. Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with olive oil or lined with muffin paper. Bake 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
For my snacks throughout the day, I have a portion of cantaloupe and a cucumber dill salad.
- One cucumber, thinly sliced
- One half of an onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp salt
Mix ingredients together and you have a wonderful cucumber dill summer salad!
I am excited to go on this journey with you all! Have a fantastic day!